First of all thank you everyone for all your Love and Support.
When first I got introduced to Q2A, 5 years ago, I was searching for a beautiful, responsive theme for my website. Back then, The SnowFlat theme was not there. There was Snow theme, I liked it, but It was not what I was looking for. And moreover it was not responsive.
I tried couple other paid themes and I was not happy with them due to some or other reason. And I was not alone who was facing this problem. I decided to create my own so that I can also contribute something to Q2A.
I got an idea of creating the theme by using Bootstrap LESS framework and not to heavily modify Q2A theme layer for several other reasons. And I created this theme and named as Donut theme ( I choose this name because I love Donut). Donut theme is almost 4 years old now, I feel like it is just yesterday.
Making money was not the idea, So I kept it completely Free for everyone. Any one can download and free to use anyway they like.
The initial version was pretty good and the response from the Q2A community was awesome and it got downloaded several thousands of times. This is download count, I am not sure if these many websites use them. But I know there are many popular Q2A websites uses my theme.
I got many feature requests and enhancement requests from community members and that helped me to make this theme even better.
It feels really good, when other community members recommend others to use my theme and it really means lot to me.
Whenever I get some time, I still work on this project and I don't want this to fade out with time. I still listen to community members and provide bug fixes and enhancements to this theme. Day by day it is getting better along with Q2A.
Today I released the version 2.0.0, it comes with many enhancements and updates. It became more beautiful than before. Hope you will love it like before.
See demo here
Download the latest version
Enjoy and keep helping Q2A growing.
- Improved wordpress integration. Now displays login and register links in the drop-down when the user is not logged in
- Fixed PHP warning message (issue #86)
- Fixed Issues while adding new sections to profile. (issue #66)
- Fix the favorites page under user profile (issue #68)
- Fixed Rendering for voting button
- Dropped badge output from the users page, this should be taken care by the badge plugin
- Fixed message on tags page when there are no tags available (issue #74)
- Moved other language files to separate Github Repo
- Removed deprecated options framework
- Bootstrap URL https issue (issue #70)
- Fixed micro-data issue for up-vote count (issue #61)
- Compressed header image, saves 81% resource utilization. Page loads faster
- Conversion text from banner's "ask" field to bundle properties (thanks to @edermfl for PR #64)
- Dropped loading of qa-styles.css as it was not having any styling
- Removed few unused methods, add some minor fixes and code improvements
- Fixed the issue with homepage detection
- Several other Minor bug fixes and enhancements