We would like to have our website administrated/moderated collectively by the active users. We thought that it could be a jury system where each member of the jury is choosen randomly each time there is a need for a moderation task.
I mean instead of an admin doing the staff work, I would like to have the users collectively moderate the site according to the following rules.
- Any user could report an item, i.e. question or answer or comment.
- As soon as an item is reported, the system would choose 3 (or some odd number of) users randomly as "jury".
- Each jury member should make a decision on the reported item (or the system will choose another user, again randomly).
- The status of the item is to be changed if and only if there is consensus.
- The owner of the item can object on the decision only once (or a limited number of times).
- If an objection occured, there will be another round as above but with a distinct jury.
Do you think it could be done in q2a? Or do you have any idea how to do it in the code level? Or -better- do you think it is possible to make a plgu-in for it and how?
Thanks in advance.